Wednesday 20 March 2019

Chewing gum at school

Chewing gum at school has been an on going debate for the teachers and students. Teachers say it's distracting and disgusting, and students say it helps boost memory, focus and makes them work faster.

Not that any of those reasons are why kids want to chew gum, of course. They just want to seem cool or taste flavor or pop bubbles.

For me, although I love chewing gum, it isn't something that I think I really need to have while working. I find it easier to focus when I'm listening to music, because it blocks out the sounds of everyone else talking. Without music, I'd be talking to my friends and getting a little distracted by what they're doing. I become less focused when I'm not listening to music, which is weird because it's supposed to be better with silence.

If we were aloud chewing gum at school, It might be really distracting with the noise of people chewing all the time. And plus, it's not very enjoyable to pick at chewed up gum on the carpet. Chewing gum is made of synthetic rubber, which leaves 100,000 tonnes of plastic pollution every year. So, every time you chew gum, remember that it is no different to any other form of plastic pollution.


sources and other links !
http://justoneocean.org/chewing-gum
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/chewing-gum-good-or-bad
https://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/more/articles/can-listening-to-music-actually-help-you-concentrate (spoiler, no it doesn't???)

1 comment:

  1. hi Hannah
    Rata here I love this blog post and just letting you know that the links don't work
    bye Rata

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.