Friday 15 June 2018

maths pickle: blotch!

This week we have been trying out different ways to solve a maths pickle activity blotch. I found it very confusing and difficult to do in the beginning, but near the end I think i finally understood it. 

The first puzzle had 25 blocks. I tried solving it by using 5 and 20, but of course that didn't work. When you colour the number in (in this case 5), you had to surround it. then, if the number of squares that were surrounding it weren't the same as the number (5), colour some other ones. Then I did the same with 20, that didn't work so I used 18 instead and YAY it works!

It was really difficult because sometimes both numbers had to use the same blocks to surround them and that wouldn't work. 

The finished page wasn't very attractive because I kept choosing different numbers after I already started coloring in the blocks.




1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you persevering even though you were finding it tricky. And even better, you found the answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.