Sunday 6 January 2019

Crazy, Cool Clouds

Recently, I've actually been kinda interested in clouds. I used to have a cloud guide app on my old phone that has names of different clouds, how to identify them and what they mean. I found the app through a magazine: Teen Breathe. 


This cloud looks a little like white cotton, and just looking at it is refreshing (not like real cotton).  Falling into it in my imagination feels fluffy and thick, but not hard. It also isn't flat, instead it has a lot of volume.

Straight away, I for some reason connect the texture with popcorn. It reminds me of those colourful popcorns, but white, of course. This cloud looks larger that the previous one, and is also taller than it is wide. 
The shape of this cloud reminds me of a beyblade spinning very fast. Upside down, its about the same shape as a straw hat. It looks very smooth, like it's clay on a turntable. The bottom is a bit longer and the top is wider.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It shows how observant you are. You describe the details so I can see what you see. And,I can see you have taken care with your punctuation and grammar. Tumeke!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah

    There is nothing better than lying down on the grass on a warm summer's day and staring at the clouds and being mesmerised by the shapes and formation. I love that you have used your imagination to tell us all about just what you see in these clouds.
    The first picture does really look like cotton and I can see why you think that. It makes you want to reach out and touch it. Imagine lying on top of it and sinking into the soft fluffy texture.
    Imagine number two is very much like a piece of popcorn. It even does have the shape of it. All it needs is a little bit of butter dripping down the sides and it would be just like the popcorn that you get at the movies. Awesome description Hannah!
    Number three is a true reflection of a Beyblade. Gosh, I haven't seen one of these for sometime, but I really can see that in this picture. It also reminds me of a UFO hovering in the sky on a clear blue day.

    Well done with this activity Hannah. I can see that you have really thought about it and used your imagination.

    I hope your holidays are going well and you have some fun things planned with your family.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.