Thursday 11 May 2017

40bc Book 7 Weedflower

Weedflower
Author/illustrator: Cynthia Kadohata


Genre: Historical, Cultural, Fiction, Children


Characters: Sumiko,


Sumiko was the only Japanese girl in her school, so she always got laughed at. She would usually come home sad and go to the flower farm to make her feel better. One day, a war began. All the Japanese got sent to a 'camp' to stay at. She stays there with her family and other Japanese there till the end of the war.

I would give this book a rating of  4  stars


I recommend this book for 9¬12
Related image

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hannah, it's Kyra here. I like your post because there is everything that great blog post needs. Maybe next time you could try saying what you liked about the book. This reminds me of a book called when a girl is born. Is Weed flower good? He Whetu Koe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kyra!
      Thank you for this wonderful comment! Weed flower is a good book and I think you should read it. Bye, from Hannah :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah, my name is Mia from Yaldhurst school. I really like the post about this book, Next time I think that you should add colour to your text.
    If I find the book I might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah,
    Im Shook from Yaldhurst School, I really liked your post and was really cool. It sounds like a great book and I will try and find the book.

    Great post.
    Shook
    YMS

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.