Wednesday 16 August 2017

40bc Book | Kira-Kira

Author/illustrator: Cynthia Kadohata

Genre: Realistic Fiction, Children.

Characters: Katie, Lynn, Sam, mum, dad, uncle, auntie, Amber, David, Daniel.

Lynn taught Katie her first word: Kira-Kira, which means glittering in Japanese. When Katie and her family move from Iowa to Georgia, they try to look on the bright side. But that gets hard when Lynn gets really sick, and her parents have to work long hours to pay for Lynn's medicine and their new mortgage.

I would give this book a rating of  5  stars because this book is really sad and emotional, but is also happy and bright. I really love the book.

I recommend this book for any age. It's easy to read and also interesting. My mum read it and she liked it.

89731

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    Thank you for insisting I read this book. It was one of the best books I have read in a while. I recommend it as a read-aloud for schools, too.
    Mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.