Friday 8 March 2019

My favorite movie except it isn't a movie

My favorite show at the moment is Mob Psycho 100, which is a Japanese anime that my brother and I are watching together.
This anime is about a boy named Shigeo Kageyama, nicknamed Mob (モブ Mobu, background character). He seems like a normal boy, but he is actually a powerful esper (someone who has psychic powers).  He believes that his powers have no use in his life so he avoids using them and suppresses his emotions. But when his emotion hits 100, he loses control.

MOB GOES BOOM BOOM

 It gets harder to live a normal life when he meets more espers and get tied up in their "I want to take over the world and YOU can't stop me!", "My psychic powers make me better

than you!" and "you're just a middle schooler, how could you hurt ME?" Haha, funny joke!
Mob

He works as an assistant to con-man (and pro massager) Arakata Reigen, a self proclaimed esper who believes that using your powers to hurt someone else is wrong. Mob looks up to him very much.

At the first episode, I didn't really like the art style and characters, like many other people in the comments. But I was forced by Kyle to watch another episode, so here I am now, announcing that it is my favorite anime. 

Reigen

It's pretty funny, and Reigen turns out not to just be an annoying dude that gets on my nerves. 

A few other characters!

TSUBOMI - mobs crush

DIMPLE KUN - self proclaimed upper-class evil spirit


RITSU KAGEYAMA - Mobs younger brother 

HANAZAWA TERU - esper from Black Vinegar Middle School

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    I love that you and Kyle can share so many interests. I can't really get into Japanese anime, but I love Japanese literature and soap operas. There is a lot of symbolism that is quite different from Western works. The plots are quite different,too.
    I learnt Japanese at night school in Greymouth and in Taiwan, but I didn't get very far! Maybe one day, you can learn, too.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.