Saturday 29 December 2018

Going, going….gone

What it's like to live in Greymouth.

Greymouth is pretty quiet and small compared to other places i've been to. I remember in Taiwan there are lots of High school students who eat dinner at 7/11 and other convinence stores at 9pm without their parents. Here in Greymouth, we can see our parents a lot and have lots of time after school for other activities (I just stare at my plants). There aren't many places to do shopping, which is a good and bad thing. Good because for me that means more excitement when going out to bigger cities to do shopping, and bad because then theres not much of a variety of things to buy. 

It's very likely you'll see a few people that you know when walking around Greymouth, and my family usually end up talking for ages and even going to each others houses. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    It was interesting to read your perspective on Greymouth. There are many positives about living here. I love that we can have quality family time!

    I hope you can proofread your posts and fix the grammar and punctuation that you know. That would help make your posts look polished. It is worth the extra effort.

    Love mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hannah,

    I think I'd like to visit Greymouth for a bit since it's a much more quiet and small place compared to where I live in Auckland. I think that I would very much enjoy the peace and quiet that the town has to offer.

    Oh, I absolutely love eating at 7/11! It's a shame we don't have 7/11 here. The 7/11 shops in Taiwan are so incredibly convenient and they stock some really delicious on-the-go food! I really enjoy eating their onigiri (triangle-shaped sushi), it's so yumm! I like that you have made the comparison with both of your countries, I think it would be interesting for other people to know. You're right, New Zealand doesn't have a lot of places to shop compared to Taiwan. What other countries have you been to since you did mention that you've been to bigger cities to do your shopping? I think we're both pretty lucky to call New Zealand and Taiwan home *hi-five*! :D

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.