Friday 12 August 2016

Week 3 Term 3 Reflection

Olympics


This term, we are focusing on Olympic tasks and learning about it. Over the last 3 weeks, I have finished 5 activities. Last week, I finished 2 of the activities: 2 Athletes, and one country. Now, I have more.

1. New Zealand Para-Athlete

My para-athlete is Anna Grimaldi. Here is the information that I have about her. When I saw her, I didn't think she had anything wrong with her. After some more reading, I learnt that she had Limb deficiency, which, according to Google, means 'Congenital limb defects occur when a portion or the entire upper or lower limb fails to form normally or does not form when the baby is developing in the uterus.' 

2. Inspirational story

For this, I did Shizuka Arakawa, a Japanese figure skater. I found it difficult to find all the information because the websites where written by Japanese people, so I had to read it carefully to find out.
 

3. Compare and contrast: History

For this, we SMRFed a Google Drawing. We read an article that gave us a lot of information, than we watched two videos. We used the facts in there to find out about the history. The intrestingest fact I leart about the Ancient Olympics is that it was named after where it was always held (in the past), Olympia. Olympia is a place where a stadium is, and where all the games were held. There were only 6 sports! One thing that is the same is the Olympic flame.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.