Friday 3 May 2019

Holiday In Taiwan

From Apirl 4th to April 26th, I have been on holiday in Taiwan with my dad and brother. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to see my Ama (grandmother) again after such a long time.

The plane trip to get there was pretty much a whole 24 hours. We woke at 3am, drove to Christchurch and take a domestic flight to Auckland. From there, we got on the plane, only to be told we had to wait half an hour because of some issues. Then an hour went by, and the flight ended up getting delayed. In the end, we did each get 20 dollars to spend at the airport so it wasn't too bad.

Finally, we get to Taiwan. I had to abandon my scissors because their too sharp so I was sad about that... We took a taxi from there to Amas house in Muzha. We were all really tired, as i stayed up half the time drawing, watching Bobs Burgers and playing Solitare.

APRIL 5TH FRIDAY
We went out to have breakfast and climb a mountain to a temple with my dads friend. My face was red and I was so glad to have the tea they had at the top. The view was quite disappointing though, since it was so polluted. After we got down the mountain, our dads friend treated us bubble tea!



After that, we took the MRT, Train and finally bus to Maling Elemetry School, where I walked around and got lots of fun memories which mad me sad.  The old security guard was still there even now! Kyles old classmate came to see us with her grandma. Then we went to our old cottage which the new owners made look really beautiful. Another one of Kyles old classmate wanted to see him, so we went to the 7/11 she was at and saw her!

MALING ELEMENTRY SCHOOL GATE.




APRIL 6TH + 7TH, SAT + SUN
Kyle and I took the mrt to see our best friends since we were born (Alanna, Joseph, their little sister Isabel and their amazing mum, Auntie Angie.) Alanna, Isabel and I put some heelys on and flew down to the OK mart. I did trip and I thought nothing of it, just slapping a bandaid on it. Bad idea! I ended up almost fainting the next morning. If Isabel hadn't helped me, it might still be infected.

Alanna, Isabel and I went to this... shop where we bought some face masks and played air hockey.

ALANNA AND ISABEL PLAYING AIR HOCKEY

We watched Dirk Gently and played Jackbox Party Pack, which was a lot of fun. Us girls also put face masks on that made us look like melting Shrek babies.

APRIL 10TH, WEDNESDAY
Kyle and I went to the beach with Angie, Isabel, Alanna and Harley (their teacup chihuahua). I left my shoes there! At this point I'd probarbly return to taiwan with less luggage... The water was so clear and Isabel, Kyle and I went around looking for a sandbar to eat our icecreams on. Alanna had a concussion so she wasn't at school.

BURYING ALANNA
APRIL 13TH, SAT
This was probarbly the best day for me. I took the MRT to DAAN Affiliated Senior High School of National Taiwan Normal University to meet my friends Lian and Tiana! It was Lians schools anniversary, so we went and walked around her school. Then we all got hungry and went to a spagetti place. (Uma was there too, and Juvena joined later.) Lian had to go back and clean her classroom, so Tiana, Uma and I went with Juvena to play a board game with her class.

TIANA AND LIAN AT LIAN'S CLASS


When Lian was free to go, the 4 of us took the MRT to Ximending to look around and eat dinner. We ended up going to a Poop Resturarnt which looked cool. I got curry rice, and the way it was set up was cool and looked filling. Until I realised how shallow the plates actually were.

TIANA AT THE POOP RESTURANT
After eating dinner, we went to the skate park and ran around being idiots.



17TH - 19TH, WEDNESDAY TO FRIDAY

Kyle, Baba and I went down to Kending. Angie, Isabel and Angies brother and his wife were there as well so we went to the Baisha beach together in the morning. Tianas mum was there, so we planned for all of us to go Kending main street for dinner. The kids went off while the parents walked around and got drunk! Amazing.  We bought chicken pieces, a massive crepe, octopus balls and a spicy squid which made us sit in 7/11 and chug milk.


There was a lot of other stuff we did, but this is all.

KYLE + I AT THE LINE STORE

FROYO WITH ISABEL

TURTLES

KYLE AT THE STATIONARY STORE

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    It was great you could catch up with your friends, that is really important. I wish I could have gone, but maybe I can go next time!
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Hannah!
    Wow! I know you had mentioned that you had a great time, but reading this it shows you had an AMAZING time! I would love to visit Taiwan someday. What are the things you miss the most about Taiwan? I know that when I lived in Beijing and came home, I missed the food the most! (oh and my friends too of course!)
    Keep up the great blogging.
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Hines,
      Thanks for commenting!
      I also really miss the food, everything tastes so good! The cheap prices in 7/11 compared to everything in New Zealand makes me really sad and want to go back. Of course I can't forget about my friends, and it was so easy to meet up with them with the MRTs.

      Hannah

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Hannah. It's Morgan here. Wow you're so lucky. It looks like you really enjoyed the holiday. What was your favourite part? Is it warm there? Looks like you have lots of friends there in taiwan. E noho ra (bye).

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.