Friday 18 January 2019

Concluding the Journey

This is the last post for my summer learning Journey. I don't remember when it ends, but I wont be doing it next week since I'm going to Wellington.


What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year? I ended up learning a lot of things, mostly about animals like the orange-fronted parakeet and animals we can adopt on the wwf website!

What is one thing that surprised you? Actually, I was surprised at the comments I got. When I started this, I wasn't really planning on replying to comments, only to finish a post and relax. But overtime, I ended up getting more into it that I planned. Thank you to those who commented!

What is one thing that concerned or upset you? Doing the previous activity kind of made me sad realizing how many species are nearly extinct. Would it be better if humans had been extinct instead? We are part of the reason, aren't we? If we our kind died out during the Ice Age, would there be more animals, fresh air, beautiful plants and no pollution? Probarbly. But it just happened that the timeline we are in right now is the one where that didn't happen. In my mind, I believe there is a alternate universe where humans never survived,  one where dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, and one where the earth fell into pieces. All we can do now is try and help the animals that are becoming extinct, and helping to make the this planet a better place.


What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment? We can donate to different charities, 'adpot' an animal, sign a petition.




2 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah,

    I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. It has been a really good summer!

    Maybe we can look at how we combine filmmaking and art to help one of the birds or animals that we have on the West Coast.

    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hannah,

    I'm sad to hear that this will be your last post for the Summer Learning Journey. I will definitely miss reading all your wonderful blog posts and I have had an absolute blast on this journey with you! Friday 25th January will be the last day of the programme. I will attach a link down below if you would like a bit more information. There's still time left to continue blogging with us and there are plenty more fun and interesting activities to complete. If you would like, feel free to give them a go! :)
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/participation-and-prizes

    You have once again really surprised me with your thinking, and I've begun to challenge the way I think and view the world myself, thank you so much for that, Hannah. It really is upsetting to know that we humans have made such a big impact on this planet, and not all of it is positive. You're most probably right about this planet being full of wildlife and forests if we never intervened the way we did and I do hope that this alternate universe that you speak of exists too, as I too am hopeful that the animals roaming free there would be much happier and feel much more comfortable and safe. You're absolutely right, all we can do now is do our little part in saving the environment, and that's something, too! :)

    Thank you so much for your sweet and kind message, it's very thoughtful of you and I will definitely be passing your message on to the rest of the team! It's messages like these that keep us going and smiling. :D
    May you enjoy the rest of your holidays and I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to Wellington!

    Take care,
    Evelyn <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.