Friday 16 June 2017

Literacy W7 T2

Art Recount

On Monday and Tuesday, I had art talented. There were lots of cups, flowers, feathers and other things on the table being displayed. We each got one piece of paper and charcoal pencil, then we had to decide on something we wanted to draw. We had to sit at the same angle for the one sketch we do. We got 5 minutes to do one piece, then we could either do it again or move and do another piece. After lots of warming up, we could choose our favorite piece and enlarge it onto another piece of paper. After doing one copy, we traced it again on another piece. The reason that we did that was because we were doing a warm coloured painting and a cool colored painting. I started drawing at the end of Monday, and started painting at morning tea of Tuesday.

I did my backgrounds first so well one background is drying, I could do another background. Then I started painting the leaves and flowers. I did the same: One first then left that to dry well doing my other one. I figured out that it was easier to paint the water reflection before painting the stems of the flowers and leafs, so that you can see the stems and not accidentally cover it.

I really enjoyed doing it and would like to do it again.
(Here are some pictures!!)



Reading

This week my reading group read a short story called Leave. We had to write a summary to make people want to read it. Here is what I did!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I am glad you enjoyed the arts talented workshop. I can see from your fantastic art pieces that you really made the most of these two days. What is the difference between warm and cool colours? Mrs P

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.