Wednesday 31 August 2016

Taiwan

Angie's House
These few days have been very busy. The day after the birthday party, we went to Angie's house to see Isabel, Alanna and Joseph.

Funeral Day
The day after that was my Grandpa's funeral. We stayed there for six hours and had to wear these long cloaks. I was really sad and hope I don't have to do that again. We buried Grandpa's ashes under a tree at a special cemetery.
 Swimming
We went swimming at the same pool that we had Conrad's birthday party again with Conrad. There were less people and we went to the spa. The spa's in Taiwan are very different from Greymouth spa's. In Greymouth, you have to be 16+ to go in, and it is only a small warmish one. In Taiwan, you can go in at any age, and it is big with lots of different massaging machines and different spa's.

 Going To Angie's (Again)
All of these people are playing Pokemon Go! This is a Pokegym.
Today, we went to Angie's again. We took the MRT and Angie picked us up. There were a lot of people playing Pokemon GO on the streets and even in cars. When we got to the house, we sat down and played with Sandy the rat and Gizmo the Chiwawa. Soon, we had to leave because mum had Taipei Writers Group on. She had to get off before us, so Kyle and I went on the MRT ourselves and met up with Baba (our Dad).

Trip to Danshui

We took the MRT to Danshui. Danshui is an old city that once belonged to the Portuguese.


There were four dogs in this pushchair for pets!
We took a boat across the harbour.
This is Shimending. It is a place for shopping at night.


My Old School

Today, we went to my old school and saw my friends Kiki, Abby, and Vivi. Those are their English names that I remember, but Kiki said she changed her English name.

The back of my old classroom.
My old classmates. There were six of us.


The restaurant near my old house.








My school's tortoises.

The new pet place at the restaurant.

6 comments:

  1. Ata Marie (Good Morning) Hannah. Its Leah. Wow that looks like a marvellous place to be I was wondering what season it is in Taiwan and also why did you call your dad Baba? I really like how you have been blog posting about it. I hope you are having a great time in Taiwan. From Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Leah. It is Summer in Taiwan now and it is very hot here. I call my dad baba because it's Chinese for dad. We learnt it in Chinese class with Wendy. I am having a great time in Taiwan. See you soon!

      Delete
  2. Ni Hao Hannah
    WOW it looks so cool over there i hope you are having so much fun in Taiwan and was it cool seeing your old friends back in Taiwan and it looks like you are injuring Taiwan. And it is so cool that there is a pet place at the restaurant and that your school has tortoises and you have a restaurant near your school it is so cool and you such a little class room only six in your class. And it is cool that there is a place you can go at night time and you get to go on a boat across the harbor And that there where four dogs in the push cheer for pets. That is a lot of people playing Pokemon Go! That is so cool.
    Was It Scary Going On A Boat And Did You Get Sea Sick?
    Haere Rā Jazmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ata Marie (Good Morning) Hannah it's Josh here. WOW! it looks so fun I hope you are having so much fun in Taiwan I want to go to Taiwan some day. Was it fun looking at the turtles? Did you like going to the pet place. Do you play Pokemon go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Hannah I bet you had a great time in Taiwan!
    Great Idea for a post writing about most of the events that you did!
    What was your favorite place?
    Ka Pai Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jessie! My favorite place was the pool, Happy World. I didn't add any pictures in though. See you, from Hannah

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.