Wednesday 2 August 2017

Robyn Silver: Midnight Chimes | 40bc Book 14

Author/illustrator: Paula Harrison

Genre: Fiction, Action, Children.

Characters: Robyn, Aiden, Nora, Mum, Dad, Annie, Sammie, Ben, Josh, Miss Smiting, Cryptorum. Monsters: Kobold, Vondanoy, Boggun, Screebag, Etting, Grodder (my favorite) and Nesha.

Robyn was an ordinary girl with a great friend. Then one night, the Grimdean Clock woke her at the stroke of midnight and she started seeing monsters from the unseen world. Then her school gets ruined and they move into Grimdean Hall, where she meets a man names Cryptorum and his assistant Miss Smitings. They tell her, Aiden and Nora about how they were born on the stroke of midnight and that they can see the unseen world. Soon they discover lots about the monsters, wishes and they even train to fight them. What will they learn next?

I would give this book a rating of 5 stars. I think this book is one of the best books I've read. I found it in my school library but they might have it in the town library.

I recommend this book for 9 and above
Image result for Robyn Silver: Midnight Chimes

2 comments:

  1. Hello Hannah my name is Maddison I am a year 5 student at Yaldhurst Model School
    I really liked your blog post. Is the author from the book (Robyn Silver) an author that you read a lot of books from?
    Is Robyn Silver a series of books or just one because it say at the bottom of the book the midnight chimes
    Ka Pi
    From Maddison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maddison!
      Thank you for the comment, it was really nice! This is the first book I have read from this author, but I do want to read more books by her! And also Robyn Silver is a series. The second book is the darkest dream.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog!

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.